Family Support Services
Durand’s Family Support Services provides assistance to families caring for a loved one with a developmental disability. All referrals for assistance come from the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities, support coordination agencies, and Department of Children and Families. Family support programs include:
Community Based Supports & Individual Supports
Durand’s Family Support Services are delivered 1:1 by our highly qualified staff and include assistance in the following areas:
- Activities of Daily Living such as getting dressed, eating and personal hygiene.
- Increasing Community Participation such as daily errands, attending events, going to a restaurant, purchasing items and travel training.
- Increasing Independence such as helping clients do laundry, cook, clean and grocery shop.
- On-The-Job Support such as safety awareness, using the restroom, attending to tasks and general workplace etiquette.
- Learning Activities such as reading and writing or attending a class.
Durand can find the staff or the family can recommend qualified staff. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, pass all state background checks and hold a valid driver’s license.
For additional information, please contact our Family Support Department at (856) 235-3540.
Parents know their child best and so we offer to make parents paid caregivers under this program.
Contact our Family Support Department at (856) 235-3540 x107 for more information or visit our Careers Page.
Children Services: Department of Children & Families
Adult Services for Ages 21 and Over: Division of Developmental Disabilities
Support Coordination: iRecord Search
Activities for Differently Abled Children and Adults: Camden County Disabilities & Special Needs Programs | We Rock The Spectrum | Sahara Sams
Guardianship & Estate Planning: Disability Rights New Jersey | Community Health Law Project | Hinckle, Fingles, Prior & Fischer Attorneys at Law
Travel Services: TSA Cares
Support Groups: Parents of Autistic Children Together (PACT) | Parents of Autistic Children (POAC) | Haddonfield United Methodist Church | New Jersey Council on Developmental Disabilities | Family Support Coalition of NJ | Regional Family Support Council | Camden County Family Support Organization